She also pads her coffers through deals with Coty, Claire's and Covergirl, and from a new Perry-themed mobile game due out soon which combined to earn her $135 million this year, tens of millions of dollars ahead of the rest of the women on the list.
“I am proud of my position as a boss, as a person that runs my own company,” Perry told Forbes. “I’m an entrepreneur… I don’t want to shy away from it. I actually want to kind of grab it by its balls.”Taylor Swift earned the No. 2 spot on the list, nabbing $80 million. Her own tour, the 1989 World Tour, helped her cinch the high ranking, but couldn’t measure up to her rumored rival Perry’s haul. Her album “1989” sold more than 3.6 million copies and was the top release of 2014.
Top 10 female earners:
1. Katy Perry - $135 million
2. Taylor Swift - $80 million
3. Fleetwood Mac - $59.5 million
4. Lady Gaga - $59 million
5. Beyoncé - $54.5 million
6. Britney Spears - $31 million
7. Jennifer Lopez - $28.5 million
8. Miranda Lambert - $28.5 million
9. Mariah Carey - $27 million
10. Rihanna - $26 million